Huntsworth brings in Chris Tang as Asia-Pacific CEO in late twist
Huntsworth has shaken up its plans to strengthen its Asia-Pacific leadership with a surprise change of CEO.
Bob Pickard: the new chairman of Huntsworth Asia-Pacific was hired last year as CEO
It had been announced last June that Bob Pickard was to join in the new role of CEO of the region this year.
However, the company said today that Pickard had joined this week in the new and "more senior" role of chairman, with Chris Tang joining as CEO on 1 February.
Tang (right) was most recently the Asia-Pacific MD of The Hoffman Agency, where she led six wholly owned offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore, and a network of regional affiliates.
Tang and Pickard will both report to Huntsworth chief executive Lord Chadlington, with the former based in Beijing and the latter in Singapore.
Pickard will focus on client development and new business, including global communications for Asian multinationals.
Tang will have full P&L responsibilities and oversight of all Huntsworth operations in the Asia-Pacific region.
In addition she has been entrusted with playing "a pivotal role" in Huntsworth’s strategic alliance with its major shareholder, Chinese marketing services company BlueFocus.
When Pickard was hired the company stated he would have "a central role" in the alliance.
Asked to clarify who would play the more important role, a company spokeswoman said they would both play "a central role".
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire