Huntsworth brings in Chris Tang as Asia-Pacific CEO in late twist
Huntsworth has shaken up its plans to strengthen its Asia-Pacific leadership with a surprise change of CEO.
Bob Pickard: the new chairman of Huntsworth Asia-Pacific was hired last year as CEO
It had been announced last June that Bob Pickard was to join in the new role of CEO of the region this year.
However, the company said today that Pickard had joined this week in the new and "more senior" role of chairman, with Chris Tang joining as CEO on 1 February.
Tang (right) was most recently the Asia-Pacific MD of The Hoffman Agency, where she led six wholly owned offices in Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore, and a network of regional affiliates.
Tang and Pickard will both report to Huntsworth chief executive Lord Chadlington, with the former based in Beijing and the latter in Singapore.
Pickard will focus on client development and new business, including global communications for Asian multinationals.
Tang will have full P&L responsibilities and oversight of all Huntsworth operations in the Asia-Pacific region.
In addition she has been entrusted with playing "a pivotal role" in Huntsworth’s strategic alliance with its major shareholder, Chinese marketing services company BlueFocus.
When Pickard was hired the company stated he would have "a central role" in the alliance.
Asked to clarify who would play the more important role, a company spokeswoman said they would both play "a central role".
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London