Good Relations beats four agencies to wide-ranging B&Q work
Do-it-yourself retailer B&Q has moved its press office and campaigns PR work to Good Relations from Z PR.
B&Q: putting stress on telling stories from within the business
The predominantly consumer-focused retainer was contested by five agencies in a final-round pitch, concluding the review called last September after four years with Z PR.
Jane Sell, head of PR for the Southampton-headquartered client, said Good Relations had the edge because "it really understood the storytelling side of what we are looking to do".
Good Relations will also be working on integrated campaigns alongside newly appointed advertising agency WCRS, which is part of the same group as Mischief.
Customer and marketing director Chris Moss, who joined the company in October, said the agencies were appointed to "help us uncover B&Q’s stories, package them and engage with our customers and stakeholders in increasingly creative and innovative ways".
There are no changes planned to the type of people B&Q wants to reach with its PR, given its brand awareness is over 90 per cent, according to Sell.
"It’s actually about the fact that we think there is so much more we can be saying about what we do," she said.
Good Relations started work this week and is gearing up for B&Q’s press show at the end of this month. The show will present the Spring/Summer 2014 products, with the accent on innovation.
The agency team is led by consumer director Claire Curran with a national group based in London and regional offices across the UK.
WCRS won the ad account from Karmarama, the sister ad agency to Kaper.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London