Brunswick dethroned at top of 2013 global M&A tables
Brunswick has been replaced by US financial comms agency Joele Frank Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher at the top of mergermarket's 2013 global M&A league table for PR advisers
Knocked off the top spot: Brunswick is now third in the M&A league table
Brunswick slipped to third place in the global table by deal value, with its deal value falling by 32 per cent, behind Abernathy MacGregor Group.
The league table shake-up was largely due to Brunswick being absent from advising on the huge US$124bn Vodafone sale of its stake in Verizon Wireless in what proved an otherwise muted year for global M&A.
Overall deal volume of US$ 2,215bn was down 3.2 per cent from 2012 (US$ 2,288.8bn) and marginally down on 2011 deal volumes.
The second largest global deal of 2013, the takeover of Heinz by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital, was worth just over one fifth of the Vodafone/Verizon transaction at US$27.4bn.
RLM Finsbury and Sard Verbinnen & Co rounded out the rest of the global M&A adviser top five, with Tavistock Communications climbing from 124th place to sixth due to its work on the Vodafone/Verizon deal.
In Europe, Brunswick again slipped from the top of the table to seventh position, with RLM Finsbury, Maitland and Tavistock topping the table due to their involvement in the year’s biggest deal.
FTI Consulting led the way in terms of global deal volumes, working on 202 transactions, ahead of Brunswick (193) and RLM Finsbury and Sard Verbinnen & Co (both on 115).
A full breakdown of the PR advisers league tables for global M&A is available on the mergermarket website here.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London