Google Glass publicity drive nets first professional sports team
American basketball team Sacramento Kings are to be the first professional sports team to broadcast footage captured by Google Glass.
Sacramento Kings: Google Glass preview on YouTube
Team mascots, dancers and reporters will be wearing the technology from the sidelines of tomorrow's game between the Californian team and the Indiana Pacers. Software company CrowdOptic analyses and curates the real-time feeds, which will be shown on the big screen at the team's arena and to viewers at home.
Sacramento Kings president Chris Granger explained that Google Glass was not only a step towards expanding and enhancing the fan experience, but would eventually be used to add more usability to the team’s mobile app and broadcasting options.
He said: "Fans could simply aim their smart devices to inherit someone else’s Google Glass view, or evaluate concessions lines. It is just a matter of time before Google Glass is an integral part of the fan experience of watching live sports."
The Sacramento Kings have released a video preview on YouTube:
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London