Aggreko brings in Grayling for global work following restructure
Grayling has been awarded a brief to manage Aggreko's international trade comms.
Aggreko: Working with Grayling on a global basis
It will oversee press office functions, corporate and b2b comms and help support events for the power generation firm.
Phil Watts, head of group marketing at Aggreko, explained why Grayling was awarded the account, ahead of three companies.
He said: "It was Grayling’s global reach, knowledge and skills in our core business sectors and the personalities of its communication team that swung our decision in its favour."
The international trade comms brief was issued after a shake-up at Aggreko last year that saw the creation of three regional units - Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia, Pacific and Australia (APAC) and the Americas.
Watts added: "Following our restructuring the company didn’t have a PR agency to engage with the media on our core sectors of international mining, oil and gas, utilities and events."
Some of the events Grayling will provide press support for this year include Investing in Africa Mining Indaba in Cape Town this February and the FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The account team is spread across offices in Edinburgh, London and Dubai and will be led by Billy Partridge, director of Grayling Scotland.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London