MC2 aims to become "pioneer" by embracing Bitcoin
Comms agency MC2 has adopted the use of controversial virtual currency Bitcoin amid moves to increase its use in the North West.
Bitcoin: Value has risen rapidly in the past year
The company claims it could be the "first" PR agency to use the currency, which has seen rapid fluctuation in recent months.
Technology account manager Jonathan Saatchi said the agency wanted to spread the use of Bitcoin among clients too.
"Bitcoin is one of the most talked about currencies," he said, "and we want to be pioneers in encouraging its use among the many young technology companies based in the North West of the country."
Bitcoin allows users to send and receive the finance via software on personal computers, mobile devices or web applications, bypassing central authorities and banks.
However, after a meteoric rise from a trading value of $13.50 at the start of 2013 to $1,240 in December, it suffered a hit after China moved to restrict trade of the currency.
Saatchi added: "MC2 recognises that the Bitcoin exchange rate can fluctuate rapidly and because of this we will consider business proposals and payment on an individual basis."
MC2 was established in 1999, and has worked with clients including Cadbury, Deloitte and Red Bull.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Head of SEO & Content Marketing - Cheshire ASG £30,000 - £40,000 , Cheshire/ Merseyside