Former David Miliband adviser Jim Godfrey takes global comms role at Jawbone
Wearable technology company Jawbone has appointed Jim Godfrey as head of global comms.
Jim Godfrey: Handed the top comms role at Jawbone
Godfrey will start in the newly created role on 27 January, based in the company's San Francisco office.
He takes on the role following a career that has included an EMEA-level position at Starbucks. He was also a key figure in David Miliband's failed Labour leadership bid.
Reporting to Danika Laszuk, Jawbone's VP of marketing, Godfrey will be responsible for providing senior-level comms leadership and helping the company expand globally.
"Jawbone's newly created role reflects the fact that the company is growing quickly and moving to more markets around the world," said Godfrey. "That's why it is important that this is a global role, because you need someone who can look at Europe, Asia and other markets and ensure you get the best out of the agencies and people you're working with to continue the growth and success of the company."
Jawbone's media communications were previously handled by PR manager Keely Sulprizio and marketing director Gwen Smith with help from external firms such as The OutCast Agency in San Francisco. They will continue in their respective roles at Jawbone.
Godfrey did not say how many employees he will manage. One of his first tasks will be to review the company's marketing and comms needs in terms of staff and agency help.
Since May 2012, Godfrey has been a freelance media and political consultant.
Previously, he was VP of public affairs for EMEA at Starbucks and owner of GallieGodfrey, a specialist strategic comms agency.
Godfrey has also worked as director of corporate affairs at ITV and head of comms at UK think-tank IPPR.
A former Labour special adviser, he was press secretary for the David Miliband leadership campaign in 2010 but had to find a new job after the victory of the Labour MP's brother Ed Miliband.
Jawbone's wearable technology and portable audio products include Jambox wireless speakers and the Up wristband activity tracker.
This was originally reported in PRWeek US.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London