Merrell calls in Brandnation amid effort to up "performance" messaging
Outdoor clothing brand Merrell has brought in Brandnation as it treads a tightrope between fashion and performance.
Merrell: Looking to strengthen its outdoor credentials
Brandnation will be working to a wide-ranging brief including trade and consumer media across product, ambassador and sponsorship event activation.
The hire follows a shift in the brief, formerly held by Capitalize PR, towards the ‘performance’ side of the brand in an attempt to strike a more equal balance with its lifestyle credentials.
Simon Vingoe, marketing manager for Merrell, said: "One of our key objectives is to engage with a wider section of the media, and it’s about finding an agency adept at covering both the performance and lifestyle side of things.
"I am conscious of the fact that before maybe we had sat too far on one side of the fence, first in terms of performance, and more recently in terms of lifestyle."
Having won the year-long retainer following a pitch, Brandnation will be underlining Merrell's outdoor heritage and expertise.
This will cover all of the brand’s footwear and apparel categories – hike, trail, run, walk and lifestyle – across both men’s and women’s categories.
Stating that it was important to "capitalise" on a wider shift in focus towards "health and wellnesss" across the UK, Vingoe added:
"The idea of the outdoors is in everything we do but we’re conscious that being outdoors means different things to different people."
Merrell is owned by American footwear maker Wolverine World Wide.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London