Reckitt Benckiser appoints GolinHarris for food supplement launch
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) has hired GolinHarris London to handle the PR launch of its food supplement, MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil, marking the first time the agency has worked with the consumer goods giant.
MegaRed: number one omega-3 supplement in the US
Omega-3 Krill Oil, which launched this month in the UK, is the first move into the vitamins, minerals and supplement category from the owner of brands such as Nurofen and Cillit Bang.
The Interpublic Group-owned agency won the retainer following a competitive pitch against an undisclosed number of agencies.
GolinHarris London's healthcare team is rolling out a creative PR campaign, highlighting the role of omega-3 for optimum heart health, which is supported by celebrity brand ambassador Gabby Logan.
As part of the campaign, an expert panel including media doctor Ellie Cannon and celebrity fitness trainer James Daly will encourage the core audience of women over 45 to take a more proactive approach to staying healthy.
While the win marks the first time that GolinHarris has worked with RB, Virgo Health – the agency GolinHarris acquired in 2012 – has carried out work on Reckitt Benckiser brands Durex and Scholl.
GolinHarris’ London healthcare practice launched in 2013, following the integration of Virgo Health into the GolinHarris group.
Mark Pearson, category marketing director healthcare, Reckitt Benckiser, UK, said: "The UK launch of MegaRed marks Reckitt Benckiser's first move into the vitamins, minerals and supplements category.
"GolinHarris demonstrated profound knowledge and experience and we are delighted to have the team on board. MegaRed is the number one omega-3 supplement in the US and our ambition is to replicate that success here in the UK."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1