Reckitt Benckiser appoints GolinHarris for food supplement launch
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) has hired GolinHarris London to handle the PR launch of its food supplement, MegaRed Omega-3 Krill Oil, marking the first time the agency has worked with the consumer goods giant.
MegaRed: number one omega-3 supplement in the US
Omega-3 Krill Oil, which launched this month in the UK, is the first move into the vitamins, minerals and supplement category from the owner of brands such as Nurofen and Cillit Bang.
The Interpublic Group-owned agency won the retainer following a competitive pitch against an undisclosed number of agencies.
GolinHarris London's healthcare team is rolling out a creative PR campaign, highlighting the role of omega-3 for optimum heart health, which is supported by celebrity brand ambassador Gabby Logan.
As part of the campaign, an expert panel including media doctor Ellie Cannon and celebrity fitness trainer James Daly will encourage the core audience of women over 45 to take a more proactive approach to staying healthy.
While the win marks the first time that GolinHarris has worked with RB, Virgo Health – the agency GolinHarris acquired in 2012 – has carried out work on Reckitt Benckiser brands Durex and Scholl.
GolinHarris’ London healthcare practice launched in 2013, following the integration of Virgo Health into the GolinHarris group.
Mark Pearson, category marketing director healthcare, Reckitt Benckiser, UK, said: "The UK launch of MegaRed marks Reckitt Benckiser's first move into the vitamins, minerals and supplements category.
"GolinHarris demonstrated profound knowledge and experience and we are delighted to have the team on board. MegaRed is the number one omega-3 supplement in the US and our ambition is to replicate that success here in the UK."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire