Skyscanner goes on European PR hunt amid growth drive
Online flight search service Skyscanner is expanding its European comms work as it pursues ambitious growth plans.
Taking off: Skyscanner has shown 100 per cent growth year on year
The review takes in Russia, France and Italy, and will also see an agency appointed in Poland for the first time.
The move, which will not affect its relationship with UK incumbent JPW Communications, comes as Skyscanner looks to double its staff from 250 to 500 over the course of this year.
Expansion plans for the company, which has grown by more than 100 per cent year on year for the past four years, were boosted after Silicon Valley venture capital group Sequoia Capital took a stake valuing Skyscanner at £493m last autumn.
However, one travel agency figure said that comms would likely be influenced by a growing threat in the market.
Pointing to a tie-up announced this month between Ryanair and Google Flightsearch making it easier to search prices for flights with the discount airline, he said:
"Skyscanner will need to really push the value angle to the consumer, and what it can offer that the new partnership between Ryanair and Google can’t. The investment from Sequoia may have given it a war chest to help launch some major consumer campaigns."
Skyscanner confirmed the process was taking place but declined to comment further.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London