Former News UK managing editor Richard Caseby to head comms at DWP
The former managing editor of The Sunday Times and The Sun Richard Caseby has been appointed as director of comms at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Richard Caseby: Heading to Whitehall
He replaces John Shield, who left the government department to take the role of director of comms at the BBC in September last year, and is expected to take up the role on 3 March.
Robert Devereux, permanent secretary at the DWP, said: "[Richard] is a proven leader with experience in a range of senior posts. He will take charge of an excellent communications team at a vital time to ensure we continue to explain clearly the changes we're making to the welfare system for our claimants, our staff, our partners and the taxpayer."
Alex Aiken, executive director of government communications, said: "Richard Caseby is a first class communicator and manager who will make an excellent leader of the DWP communications team. They are already one of the best teams in government and I believe that Richard will build on their reputation and ensure that great communications supports the work of the department."
Caseby left his role at News UK as publisher of The Sunday Times and The Sun in June last year after more than two decades working at the company.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60K - £75K + benefits, Central London