New West End Company reviews corporate work as it eyes Crossrail and Westfield
The body that promotes the areas around London's Bond, Oxford and Regent Streets as a major shopping destination is reviewing its corporate PR after six years with Rain Communications.
Oxford Street: held a London Fashion Week event last September
The review will be led by head of comms Sally Eden, who joined the company in October as the successor to Jace Tyrell.
The retained brief may include work supporting New West End Company’s public affairs consultant Paul Barnes.
Eden told PRWeek the review was sparked by a desire to test the market and re-examine how the body is communicating with its various stakeholders, from retailers such as John Lewis to Transport for London and Westminster City Council.
Among the sensitive issues for the body are out of town shopping centres such as Westfield and Westfield Stratford and the opening of Crossrail, scheduled for 2018.
"There is huge competition from the two Westfields and any further development there," said Eden.
However, Crossrail may have a greater impact on the New West End Company’s membership by offering people a faster way to travel to Bond Street and Tottenham Court Road from west and east London.
"It will bring a huge amount of people into the West End," said Eden. "The issue is how do we make the transition smooth?"
Rain Communications has been invited to repitch and retains project work around helping to market events in Oxford Street as well as its brief for the UK China Visa Alliance, of which New West End Company is a founder member.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 14 February.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London