Burson-Marsteller lures MSL's George Godsal to head corporate and crisis
George Godsal, the MD of corporate at MSL London, is to join Burson-Marsteller as chairman of the UK and EMEA corporate and crisis practice next month.
George Godsal: to head up corporate and crisis practice
Godsal, who leaves MSL at the end of this month, will take up the role on 3 March, bringing him back to the WPP fold after more than three years at MSL.
He was previously at Hill+Knowlton Strategies, where his roles included head of corporate reputation in London and setting up the agency’s business in East Africa.
He also spent time working in the US on secondment as acting director of comms for American Water, then owned by RWE and Thames Water.
The previous chief of Burson-Marsteller’s corporate and crisis practice was Amanda Pierce, who was promoted to chief executive of the agency last summer when Matt Carter resigned.
Pierce said: "George’s extensive experience and expertise will benefit both our clients and our team. He has an outstanding track record in devising and implementing high profile campaigns and in giving communications counsel at the highest levels."
Godsal's move comes amid a reorganisation at MSL Group late last year, bringing MSL London, SAS and Capital MSL together to form MSL Group London.
A search for an MD of corporate for MSL Group London has started and in the interim Mallika Basu has been appointed as acting MD of corporate.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London
- Classified Sales Executive Lipton Fleming £20000.00 per annum + commission, London