More than half of European in-house comms chiefs have responsibility for social media
A survey of 300 European chief comms officers has found that 57 per cent have had social media added to their remit in the past two years, while their salaries are wildly divergent.
Korn/Ferry Institute: surveyed 300 European CCOs
The data was gathered in the first European survey by the Korn/Ferry Institute, which researches talent and leadership and runs a similar study in the US.
The report surveyed CCOs from the top 300 European companies in ten European countries: Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
While the European survey asked which areas had been added to CCOs' mandates, it did not probe whether their mandate already included social media, which would suggest that much more than 57 per cent are responsible for it.
Korn/Ferry claimed that a stronger embrace of social media by CCOs is a global trend – its US study shows that 67 per cent have had social media added to their remit in the past two years – and they are using it proactively to position their organisations in a positive light and as a tool of engagement.
European CCOs were also quizzed on their base salaries, which covered a wide range from €100,000 to €625,000.
The median base salary was between €275,000 and €300,000, while 78 per cent of respondents said they received annual equity as part of their compensation packages.
The majority of European CCOs (72 per cent) report to the CEO of their company. This is in contrast to their American counterparts, of whom 43 per cent said they reported to the CEO in Korn/Ferry's 2012 US study.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- CRM Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: + Company Car + Excellent Bonus , Milton Keynes