Burson-Marsteller hires Portcullis MD Stephen Day to head UK public affairs
Burson-Marsteller has followed up the hiring of Kevin Bell by recruiting Stephen Day, the MD of public affairs agency Portcullis, as MD and chair of its UK public affairs practice.
Day will take up the role on 2 April after four years at Portcullis, where he has worked for Standard Chartered Bank, Peugeot, chemicals company Ineos and Japanese pharmaceuticals company Takeda.
He will report to Amanda Pierce, the UK CEO of Burson-Marsteller, which last month hired UK public affairs veteran Kevin Bell as global public affairs chairman.
Day began his career working in Parliament in 2000 for the shadow secretary of state for trade and industry and the Conservative front bench.
His agency experience has also included roles at Euro RSCG Apex Communications, FleishmanHillard, Weber Shandwick and GPC International, working for clients such as News International, Coca-Cola, Marks & Spencer and British Energy.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London