Burson-Marsteller hires Portcullis MD Stephen Day to head UK public affairs
Burson-Marsteller has followed up the hiring of Kevin Bell by recruiting Stephen Day, the MD of public affairs agency Portcullis, as MD and chair of its UK public affairs practice.
Day will take up the role on 2 April after four years at Portcullis, where he has worked for Standard Chartered Bank, Peugeot, chemicals company Ineos and Japanese pharmaceuticals company Takeda.
He will report to Amanda Pierce, the UK CEO of Burson-Marsteller, which last month hired UK public affairs veteran Kevin Bell as global public affairs chairman.
Day began his career working in Parliament in 2000 for the shadow secretary of state for trade and industry and the Conservative front bench.
His agency experience has also included roles at Euro RSCG Apex Communications, FleishmanHillard, Weber Shandwick and GPC International, working for clients such as News International, Coca-Cola, Marks & Spencer and British Energy.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London