Burson-Marsteller hires Portcullis MD Stephen Day to head UK public affairs
Burson-Marsteller has followed up the hiring of Kevin Bell by recruiting Stephen Day, the MD of public affairs agency Portcullis, as MD and chair of its UK public affairs practice.
Day will take up the role on 2 April after four years at Portcullis, where he has worked for Standard Chartered Bank, Peugeot, chemicals company Ineos and Japanese pharmaceuticals company Takeda.
He will report to Amanda Pierce, the UK CEO of Burson-Marsteller, which last month hired UK public affairs veteran Kevin Bell as global public affairs chairman.
Day began his career working in Parliament in 2000 for the shadow secretary of state for trade and industry and the Conservative front bench.
His agency experience has also included roles at Euro RSCG Apex Communications, FleishmanHillard, Weber Shandwick and GPC International, working for clients such as News International, Coca-Cola, Marks & Spencer and British Energy.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager (Integrated) air recruitment £25k-£38k, Central London