London's "overlooked" Northbank brings in M&N Place for tourism and business drive
A consortium of businesses including The Savoy Hotel is putting money into a PR campaign to attract tourists and office tenants to the area around London's Strand.
The Strand: At the heart of the Northbank
The National Gallery and Somerset House are also among the 280 businesses that voted for the creation of the Northbank Business Improvement District (BID), working with Westminster City Council.
Northbank BID is working on an £8m improvement plan for the area – which covers landmarks including Trafalgar Square, the Aldwych and Temple – over the next four-and-a-half-years.
It has hired King's Cross-based M&N Place for an initial 12-month retained brief to target both businesses looking to invest and tourists.
Kate Hart, director at M&N Place, said the brief was to draw together a number of individually well-known destinations such as Somerset House.
"Up until now there has been a series of locations rather than a whole offer in itself and this is about drawing those together and articulating the wider opportunities in the Northbank.
"It encapsulates everything that London has to offer but has been an overlooked part of the capital, with people often arriving at Charing Cross before moving on elsewhere to places like Leicester Square. This is about communicating why they might want to stay."
Hart added that one of the immediate priorities would be to highlight new office spaces that have become available in the area.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London