London's "overlooked" Northbank brings in M&N Place for tourism and business drive
A consortium of businesses including The Savoy Hotel is putting money into a PR campaign to attract tourists and office tenants to the area around London's Strand.
The Strand: At the heart of the Northbank
The National Gallery and Somerset House are also among the 280 businesses that voted for the creation of the Northbank Business Improvement District (BID), working with Westminster City Council.
Northbank BID is working on an £8m improvement plan for the area – which covers landmarks including Trafalgar Square, the Aldwych and Temple – over the next four-and-a-half-years.
It has hired King's Cross-based M&N Place for an initial 12-month retained brief to target both businesses looking to invest and tourists.
Kate Hart, director at M&N Place, said the brief was to draw together a number of individually well-known destinations such as Somerset House.
"Up until now there has been a series of locations rather than a whole offer in itself and this is about drawing those together and articulating the wider opportunities in the Northbank.
"It encapsulates everything that London has to offer but has been an overlooked part of the capital, with people often arriving at Charing Cross before moving on elsewhere to places like Leicester Square. This is about communicating why they might want to stay."
Hart added that one of the immediate priorities would be to highlight new office spaces that have become available in the area.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London