Omnicom PR growth slows to half its 2012 rate
Omnicom, the parent company of Ketchum and Porter Novelli, has reported a slowdown in the annual organic growth of its PR revenues, which totalled $1.33 billion last year.
Omnicom CEO John Wren
In 2012 it recorded a growth rate of 3.3 per cent, but this slowed last year to 1.5 per cent.
It was knocked off course in the fourth quarter of 2013 by a 3.7 per cent drop, which was at odds with the upward momentum of the previous three quarters.
The figures emerged today as the US-headquartered group became the first of the big four global companies in the marketing services sector to report its financial results for 2013.
During the year PR was the slowest-growing of Omnicom’s four divisions, which also include advertising, CRM and ‘specialty’.
The group, which is on course for a mega-merger with Publicis Groupe of France, reported 3.5 per cent overall organic growth and revenues of $14.6 billion for 2013.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire