Omnicom PR growth slows to half its 2012 rate
Omnicom, the parent company of Ketchum and Porter Novelli, has reported a slowdown in the annual organic growth of its PR revenues, which totalled $1.33 billion last year.
Omnicom CEO John Wren
In 2012 it recorded a growth rate of 3.3 per cent, but this slowed last year to 1.5 per cent.
It was knocked off course in the fourth quarter of 2013 by a 3.7 per cent drop, which was at odds with the upward momentum of the previous three quarters.
The figures emerged today as the US-headquartered group became the first of the big four global companies in the marketing services sector to report its financial results for 2013.
During the year PR was the slowest-growing of Omnicom’s four divisions, which also include advertising, CRM and ‘specialty’.
The group, which is on course for a mega-merger with Publicis Groupe of France, reported 3.5 per cent overall organic growth and revenues of $14.6 billion for 2013.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London