Yorkshire transport chiefs in PR hunt
A major player in Yorkshire transport is on a six-figure hunt for comms support as wider budget cuts look set to kick in.
SYPTE: Approved budget cut measures (Credit: Getty Images)
The South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (SYPTE), which handles co-ordination of public transport in the region, has launched a tender worth between £100,000 and £300,000.
The four-year framework is looking for a number of agencies to help cover public relations, as well as market research and public opinion polling.
According to documents seen by PRWeek those appointed to the roster "will be expected to provide full creative support and implement projects that range from community engagement on the location of public transport routes and stops, establishing bus partnerships to consultation on policy development and on major capital infrastructure developments".
The tender comes as South Yorkshire transport faces budget cuts of nearly 10 per cent from April.
In a move approved by SYPTE, this is likely to impact free travel for pensioners and the disabled.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Sr Designer Red Sofa London £40000 - £55000 per annum, City of London