Financial safety net scheme reviews six-figure PR account
The UK's compensation fund of last resort for customers claiming redress from financial services providers has issued a tender for its lucrative PR work, for which Hanover is expected to repitch.
FSCS: Pitching out account held by Hanover
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has budgeted between £360,000 and £540,000 for the PR activity over the next two years, which includes raising public awareness and handling corporate and stakeholder engagement.
Most prominently involved in paying back customers for mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), the scheme is funded through levies on the industry, which are set to increase by £28m to £313m in 2014.
In the recent FSCS 2014/15 budget, which outlined the increase in levies, it was predicted that ongoing high numbers of mis-sold PPI claims will lead to a 20 per cent increase in compensation payouts next year.
A spokeswoman for the scheme, which also offers compensation for savings lost when banks go under, said awareness-raising would be "at the heart" of the winning agency's mission.
"The successful agency will form part of an existing integrated communications team working with FSCS and the other agencies it retains," she said.
"It will be required to provide strategic advice and support on the creative development of consumer PR themes, plans and tactics as well as the implementation and delivery of PR activity that gets results."
Hanover declined to comment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London