Cannes Lions to celebrate up-and-coming talent with Young Lions PR competition
The Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity has launched a competition aimed at showcasing young talent in the PR industry.
Cannes Lions: launches Young Lions PR competition
The Young Lions PR competition, also supported by ICCO, is open to assistant account executives, account executives, senior account executives and account managers aged 28 years or younger working in agencies and consultancies.
An initial pre-selection process will take place at national level involving local Cannes Lions representatives before candidates compete in teams of two internationally at the event.
Teams will be given 24 hours to work on a charity or non-profit client brief and will be judged on how effectively PR is used to engage audiences with the organisation or a specific topic that the client is dealing with.
Gold, silver and bronze awards will be up for grabs and gold winners will be honoured on Monday 16 June at the Creative Effectiveness, Promo & Activation, PR and Direct Lions Awards.
Cannes Lions’ director of talent and training, Steve Latham, said: "As we continue to strengthen and amplify Cannes Lions’ efforts to provide rising stars with unique learning opportunities, the Young Lions PR competition will complement our existing contest offerings and give budding PR professionals a unique experience and a global platform that will help their career prospects."
ICCO president and Ketchum CEO David Gallagher added: "We are delighted to help debut the Young PR Lions competition and eager to show our stuff among the best and brightest in Cannes this summer."
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will take place from 15-21 June 2014.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London