Liam English handed top comms role with Europe's pharma trade body
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) has appointed Liam English as its comms director.
Liam English: Moving from Eli Lilly
Currently comms head at pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly, English takes on the newly created role in May.
He will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic comms plans as well as overseeing EFPIA’s reputation initiatives across Europe.
English has more than 15 years' experience working in organisations such as the BBC, European Commission and the Treasury.
During his time at Eli Lilly as associate comms director for Australia, Canada and Europe, he established the first social media blog from a pharmaceutical company to focus purely on EU matters.
Speaking about the new role, English said: "The pharmaceutical industry is built on a common core purpose to make life better for individuals and communities, but this fact is sometimes overlooked or tangled in the complexities of political and policy debates.
"I look forward to working to safeguard a better universal understanding and appreciation of what the industry does, how it helps people, and what policy makers need to do to allow medical discovery to flourish."
EFPIA represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe, acting as a spokesbody for 1,900 companies.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London