Liam English handed top comms role with Europe's pharma trade body
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) has appointed Liam English as its comms director.
Liam English: Moving from Eli Lilly
Currently comms head at pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly, English takes on the newly created role in May.
He will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic comms plans as well as overseeing EFPIA’s reputation initiatives across Europe.
English has more than 15 years' experience working in organisations such as the BBC, European Commission and the Treasury.
During his time at Eli Lilly as associate comms director for Australia, Canada and Europe, he established the first social media blog from a pharmaceutical company to focus purely on EU matters.
Speaking about the new role, English said: "The pharmaceutical industry is built on a common core purpose to make life better for individuals and communities, but this fact is sometimes overlooked or tangled in the complexities of political and policy debates.
"I look forward to working to safeguard a better universal understanding and appreciation of what the industry does, how it helps people, and what policy makers need to do to allow medical discovery to flourish."
EFPIA represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe, acting as a spokesbody for 1,900 companies.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London