Tesco seeks planner to focus global comms
Tesco is in the process of recruiting a senior planner to sit between its UK comms team and counterparts in international markets such as China and Turkey.
Tesco: looking for a planner to help co-ordinate global messaging
The move is an effort to "pace its story" across a number of markets, explained Tesco group media director Tom Hoskin.
"We’re operating across a lot of different markets with a lot of other businesses, such as Tesco Bank, and we want to make sure we capture all that activity to convey a sense of Tesco as an innovative and interesting business," he said.
Interviews are currently taking place for the new role of planner, which will report directly to Hoskin.
As well as overseeing the supermarket’s news grid – an innovation brought in following the arrival of Hoskin from Number 10 – the UK-based position will include building stronger relationships with international teams.
"The target is to build a properly functioning comms global network," added Hoskin, "where we are providing support to all of our country markets but also pulling in expertise and using the great work done in those markets.
"The planner will sit at the centre and try to capture the information that goes between our team here and those internationally, ensuring that we all have the right focus."
Tesco operates in 12 markets, including China, Hungary, India and Turkey.
However, it has recently reined in its global expansion, and is in the process of pulling out of the US altogether.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Group Account Director Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, Central London