Virgin Galactic in talks with agencies over PR brief
Virgin Galactic is in the final stages of a major pitch in the UK and the US to help oversee a broad range of comms for the company, PRWeek understands.
Virgin Galactic: in late-stage talks with agencies (Credit:MarsScientific/Virgin Galactic)
The Richard Branson-owned space travel venture recently said that it hoped to start offering commercial flights into space later this year, claiming it had sold 680 tickets costing $250,000 each.
However, its record of failing to hit previous timetables for launch came under attack last month with the release of a biography, 'Branson: Behind The Mask' by investigative journalist Tom Bower, who claims the project could become a "white elephant" – a charge denied by Branson.
Virgin Galactic declined to comment, while it is not known if the pitch will affect Griffin Communications Group, which has worked with Virgin Galactic in the US.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Brand Manager Nigel Wright Recruitment £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, South East (Home Counties)