Virgin Galactic in talks with agencies over PR brief
Virgin Galactic is in the final stages of a major pitch in the UK and the US to help oversee a broad range of comms for the company, PRWeek understands.
Virgin Galactic: in late-stage talks with agencies (Credit:MarsScientific/Virgin Galactic)
The Richard Branson-owned space travel venture recently said that it hoped to start offering commercial flights into space later this year, claiming it had sold 680 tickets costing $250,000 each.
However, its record of failing to hit previous timetables for launch came under attack last month with the release of a biography, 'Branson: Behind The Mask' by investigative journalist Tom Bower, who claims the project could become a "white elephant" – a charge denied by Branson.
Virgin Galactic declined to comment, while it is not known if the pitch will affect Griffin Communications Group, which has worked with Virgin Galactic in the US.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading