Google unveils etiquette guide for Glass
Google has published a list of dos and don'ts for owners of its Google Glass wearable computer, including "be active members of the Glass Explorer Community" but don't "be creepy or rude".
Google Glass: one for the early adopters
The interactive glasses, which include a camera and a microphone, can record video and browse the web, displaying information through a small screen in front of the wearer’s eye.
To date, only a few thousand people have got their hands on Google Glass but a widespread roll-out is expected later this year.
The etiquette guide has been published on the Google website for members of its "Explorer" programme, the first wearers of the prototype glasses, which cost just under £1,000.
While light-hearted in tone, the etiquette guide makes some serious points, like warning users to ask people’s permission before recording them and warning against looking at the screen for too long.
Don’ts include trying to read "War and Peace on Glass" as "things like that are better done on bigger screens" and wearing Glass while playing high-impact sports.
Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt has previously voiced privacy concerns over the glasses. He told the BBC: "It's obviously not appropriate to wear these glasses in situations where recording is not correct. And, indeed, you have this problem already with phones."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Sales Controller Better Placed Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + 20% Bonus , North West England