Disney in bid to highlight its contribution to the UK
Corporate and public affairs agencies have lined up for a brief from US entertainment giant Disney that involves persuading the British media of the significance of its contribution to the UK.
Disney: Set to pick an agency next month
A competitive pitch is being overseen by Matthew Grossman, Disney EMEA's vice-president of corporate comms, publicity and corporate citizenship, and the winning agency is expected to be picked by March.
The brief extends to working on Disneyland Paris as a destination for UK families, alongside its UK entertainment properties.
The latter include its TV channels The Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD; its children's social network Club Penguin and its movie arm Walt Disney Pictures.
It also runs live shows based on its properties, such as The Lion King, and operates a small number of Disney stores.
Disney bought Star Wars producer LucasFilm in 2012 and it was announced last year that the new Star Wars movie would be made in the UK, as were previous films in the series.
Disney currently handles all of its corporate and public affairs work in-house.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london