GolinHarris swoops for Havas' Neil Kleiner to lead social media division
GolinHarris has snared Havas Group's UK head of social Neil Kleiner to spearhead its own social media offering.
Neil Kleiner: heading up GolinHarris' social media division
During his four years at Cake owner Havas, Kleiner created the strategy for the ad giant’s ‘Save The 1Day’ campaign for One Direction and led efforts that made Skoda one of the UK’s most engaged with automotive brands on Facebook.
"Our clients told us they wanted world class social counsel and that’s what Neil brings," said GolinHarris president, international, Matt Neale.
"His ability to integrate paid media into shared content strategies will prove critical to enabling our clients to create award-winning content and conversations across all media channels."
In 2012, Kleiner launched and led AIS Social, a dedicated social media division under the banner of Havas-owned creative agency Archibald Ingall Stretton.
Before joining Havas as its UK head of social media in 2010, he served as a global media strategist for global marketing agency Momentum Worldwide and as head of digital content for Trinity Mirror, working across the group’s five national websites.
"I am hugely motivated by the drive and ambition here at GolinHarris," Kleiner said. "As the lines between PR, digital and advertising continue to blur, it is my mission to drive GH forward with delivery of fully integrated client campaigns that span earned, owned, shared and paid media."
GolinHarris has invested significantly in its digital offering in recent years, building its "Gi" digital practice to a current headcount of 45 and acquiring digital agency Fuse in 2012.
Kleiner will be responsible for developing and promoting GH’s real-time multimedia centre and will lead the agency’s community building and management efforts, reporting to Neale.
GolinHarris was named Large Consultancy of the Year and overall Consultancy of the Year at the PRWeek Awards 2013.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall