Former Burger King comms head Helena Roberts joins Cohn & Wolfe
Cohn & Wolfe has appointed Helena Roberts, the former EMEA comms head of erstwhile client Burger King, as a director in its consumer marketing team.
Helena Roberts: moving from Burger King to Cohn & Wolfe
At Burger King Roberts was responsible for brand, corporate, public affairs, internal and crisis comms across 36 EMEA markets where she was comms manager, rising to acting comms director.
She will report to Rebecca Grant, MD of Cohn & Wolfe’s consumer marketing group in the UK and EMEA. Before Burger King she held agency posts including associate director at Cow PR and account manager at The Red Consultancy.
Grant said: "Helena is a creative powerhouse who during her agency career delivered stand-out and award-winning campaigns for clients including Google, Heinz and Disney. But, with her Burger King experience, she also has a rare understanding of the impact PR can play within an integrated marketing environment inside a complex business environment."
Roberts also spearheaded CSR efforts in North West Europe and was responsible for ensuring that the fast food giant signed up to the government responsibility deal, involving the roll-out of calorie labelling in restaurants.
Last month Burger King appointed Weber Shandwick to handle its UK and Ireland consumer PR after Cohn & Wolfe declined to fight to keep the work in the wake of personnel changes at the chain, including Roberts' departure.
Cohn & Wolfe had held the public affairs work since early 2012, and was later awarded the consumer and social briefs.
Roberts said: "I had first-hand experience of Cohn & Wolfe at Burger King and, having initially appointed it to take on a combined corporate and public affairs role, was one of the decision-makers responsible for extending its remit to cover consumer marketing and social.
"My hope is that I can bring something new to the team."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London