Andrew McGuinness to join Freuds as CEO
Andrew McGuinness, the founder of BMB and chairman of the PR agency Seven Dials, has been appointed the chief executive of Freud Communications.
Andrew McGuinness: joining Freuds as chief executive
At the same time, Freud is taking a "significant minority" stake in Seven Dials, the agency that was founded by BMB and the former Independent editor Simon Kelner. McGuinness will remain the chairman of Seven Dials.
Freud employs 300 people, with profits in excess of £8 million and clients including Pepsi, Mars and Diageo.
Although McGuinness said there were no plans to use his creative agency knowledge to expand the business into advertising, he acknowledged that part of his appeal to Freud was his experience of building businesses beyond their core roots.
Freud and Seven Dials will remain independent of each other. However, Kelner said that Freud’s involvement would help accelerate the growth of Seven Dials.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)