CANNES 2013: BBH London leads UK Promo & Activation winners
BBH London picked up three of the UK's five awards in the Promo & Activation Lions, taking home Gold, Silver and Bronze Lions for its work for Axe (known as Lynx in the UK).
BBH London: Apollo campaign for Lynx receives Gold and Silver Lions
BBH's 'Apollo' campaign for the male deodorant brand was awarded Gold and Silver Lions in the Best Integrated Campaign led by Promotion and Activation and the Best Use of Shopper Marketing in a Promotional Campaign category respectively.
The agency also collected a Bronze Lion in the Best Use of Games category for its "click farm" work for Axe.
Fellow UK winners included Ogilvy Group London, which was awarded a Gold Lion for its "the power of cute" work for the Royal Borough of Greenwich, and StinkDigital London, which was awarded a Silver Lion for its work for Diageo's Red Stripe lager brand, "make music in the corner shop".
Hoxton-based communications agency KK Outlet and creative technology consultancy Hirsch & Mann, from Hackney, were also credited in StinkDigital's Silver Lion-winning entry.
The Grand Prix went to Ogilvy Brasil for its "immortal fans" work for the football club Sport Club Recife.
There were a total of 14 UK entries shortlisted, including five from BBH London, two each from OgilvyOne London and Google Creative Lab London, and one apiece for VCCP London, Publicis London, Ogilvy Group London, StinkDigital London and DLKW Lowe London.
This year's return of five lions in the Promo & Activation category, including two gold and two silver lions, was an improvement on 2012 when AMV BBDO, Mother and Grey London brought home one silver and two bronze lions between them.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)