Radio news & analysis
The inclusion of a plastic bottle of water in the publicity shots for the new series of ITV's Downton Abbey sent social media into overdrive.
Leo Burnett's radio ad for Homebase was the most creative of those tested by the Radio Advertising Bureau in the first half of 2014.
The shortlist for October's Media Week Awards 2014 can now be revealed, and following more competition and entries than ever before, all the companies to have made the cut have reason to celebrate.
A shocking BBC Three drama, David Beckham, 'EastEnders' and the World Cup helped the BBC iPlayer report 260 million requests in June, up 9% on the same month last year.
Today's Q2 Rajar results highlight several success stories for commercial and public radio, not least the popularity of talk radio, says Michael Williamson, head of radio, Amplifi at Carat.
On the day Rajar results show that 36.8% of radio listening in the UK is now happening via a digital device, Bauer Media's group managing director of advertising, Richard Dunmall believes its time to celebrate.
Radio 2 breakfast show DJ Chris Evans achieved an industry record number of listeners during the second quarter of 2014, attracting 9.91 million listeners a week.
This year's Media Week Awards have attracted a record number of 563 entries from the UK's most innovative media companies.
Howard Bareham, the head of radio at Mindshare and GroupM, is to take the role of commercial development director at UTV Media (GB) ending 15 years at the WPP agency.
Is there demand among advertisers and listeners for the pending second national DAB multiplex, Arif Durrani asks.
Some things in the media business we liked in the week up to 18 July, and one thing we didn't...
Rob Beckett, the comedian, is to present a Sunday instalment of Absolute Radio's 'Rock N Roll Football' from August, beefing up the station's football and comedy offering.
Bauer Radio and UTV Media have formed a partnership with the transmission company Arqiva to bid for the second national DAB multiplex.
Some things in the media business we liked in the week up to 11 July, and one thing we didn't....
The Advertising Association has revised its annual forecast for the UK ad market upwards on the back of strong TV and radio advertising in Q1 2014, in the latest AA/Warc Expenditure Report.
Global Radio has appointed Daily Mail & General Trust's Ian Hanson to the newly created post of chief operating officer, in response to the ongoing growth of the media and entertainment group.
Bauer Media, the owner of Kiss, Empire and Grazia, has made more changes to its commercial team, following the arrival of Richard Dunmall, the group managing director of advertising.
Gerry Human, chief creative officer, Ogilvy & Mather London, and Micky Tudor, creative director and partner, CHI & Partners, gave us their take on a selection of ads from the month just gone.
Final entries for this year's Media Week Awards, the biggest night of the year for the British media industry, must be submitted by Thursday (3 July) to qualify.
Unilever's Sure deodorant brand has created a tactical ad that plays on a new phenomenon in football, the referee's white spray, first seen by UK audiences during the World Cup.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)