Radio news & analysis
Carlsberg has launched a campaign to find a new pundit for TalkSport, who will be part of the commentary line-up for the final game of the Premier League season.
The gambling industry is using a catchy ditty appropriated by ad agency The Corner from a 70s hit by Ram Jam to tell its customers to stop betting when they are throwing good money after bad.
First Utility, the independent energy company, has launched a national TV campaign that explains how hard the business works to get the best prices.
More and more media brands are reinventing themselves as education hubs - but what's in it for them? Ed Owen reports.
"Even for a hardened news man in a hardened newsroom, the mass shooting at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo is a ferociously shocking moment," said Jon Snow, presenter of Channel 4 News.
In the first part of Media Week's salary survey snapshot in association with recruiter Sylex, managing director Simon Shroot finds reason for optimism for those working at media owners.
20th Century Fox is sponsoring Kiss FM UK, the Bauer Media radio station, in a six-figure deal promoting the cinema release of 'Kingsman: The Secret Service'.
Mark Barber, the planning director at the Radio Advertising Bureau, has received an MBE for services to commercial radio in the New Year Honours list.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Sharon White, the second permanent secretary at HM Treasury, will be the next chief executive of the broadcasting regulator Ofcom, replacing Ed Richards.
The Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) has launched an iPhone app called Aerials EarApp, designed to enable advertising creatives to produce "demo" radio ads on their smartphone.
ZenithOptimedia has forecast the UK's measured advertising expenditure increased 8 per cent in 2014, and is set to grow a further 7.9 per cent in 2015.
Things we like: Condé Nast getting technical, News and mags mobile boost and Digital radio at Christmas
Cond Nast getting technical Cond Nast is pulling out all the stops for the UK launch of the tech news site Ars Technica (from Latin for the "art of technology"). It s the first UK launch since it imported Wired in April 2009. You could be forgi...
The BBC has expanded plans to review its £5 million media account to include the planning and buying business for BBC Orchestras, BBC Worldwide, World Service and Global News.
The Arqiva Hall of Fame 2014, organised by The Radio Academy, will induct Jo Whiley, Vanessa Feltz, Trevor Nelson, Nicky Campbell, Pete Price, Alan Brazil and Barry Cryer into its industry honours list in 2014.
Digital prophets calling the doom of the old world are well past their sell-by date, says Mark Barber, planning director at the Radio Advertising Bureau.
More than 550 leaders from media agencies, media owners and advertisers celebrated creativity in the media business at the Campaign Media Awards, held at the London Hilton on Wednesday 19 October.
Hammerson, the retail property developer, has used a 13-feet automated mechanical model to showcase the wide variety of the Christmas gifts available at its shopping centres.
Bauer Media has repositioned its local radio portfolio in a bid to engage a wider audience.
Ikea's ad that featured tips on how to get a better night's sleep has won the Radio Advertising Bureau's October Aerial Award.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London