Rajar Q3 2013: Capital holds on to London top spot
Capital FM has retained its position as London's most popular commercial radio station in the past three months, despite a slight dip on the previous quarter.
Rajar Q3 2013: Capital FM's Lisa Snowdon and Dave Berry retain top spot
The breakfast presenters Dave Berry and Lisa Snowdon pulled in just under 1.08 million listeners for their morning show on 95.8 Capital FM, contributing to the station's 2.17 million total audience.
Despite a dip of 0.8 per cent in Capital FM's total weekly reach on the previous quarter, the station recorded an 8.6 per cent increase year on year.
While nearest rival Kiss 100 also lost listeners in the three months to 15 September, with a 1.9 per cent fall compared to the previous quarter, the third most-popular station, Magic 105.4, reported a 4.9 per cent rise in the same period.
However, Bauer-owned Magic's recovery to just under 1.97 million listeners was still not enough to help it claw back the top spot it enjoyed this time in 2012, when 2.17 million people tuned in.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Internal Comms Business Partner - Technology Badenoch & Clark £60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Executive Zebra People £32000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London