TalkSport forms Daily Mail partnership ahead of World Cup
TalkSport has secured a partnership with the Daily Mail and MailOnline to produce on-air features with Sportsmail journalists and big-name columnists, including Jamie Redknapp, Martin Keown and Jamie Carragher, across the station's programming.
As part of the partnership, TalkSport will also create bespoke on-air ads for the Daily Mail and MailOnline, which will be updated three times a day to cover the day's breaking sports stories featured in the paper's back pages and on the website.
The first ad each day will run in the breakfast show of former Scotland footballer Alan Brazil and change throughout the weekday schedule.
The initiative comes ahead of Fifa's World Cup 2014 in Brazil, for which TalkSport is an official broadcaster, and will also feature the former World Cup referee Graham Poll and the Daily Mail chief sports writer, Martin Samuel.
Adam Mills, the sales director at TalkSport, said: "TalkSport has had a strong editorial relationship with the Daily Mail for a long time and this new partnership is a fantastic extension of that.
"Updating spot ads to reflect the day's news is a great example of the kind of tailored advertising that we can offer to brands and mirrors the fast-moving world of sports news."
TalkSport claims to be the world's biggest sports radio station and is global audio partner of the Premier League. In addition to the World Cup, the station is an official broadcaster of the Barclays Premier League, the FA Cup, England football internationals and the Capital One Cup.
Lee Clayton, the head of sport at the Daily Mail and MailOnline, said: "Readers of the Daily Mail and MailOnline expect to read outstanding sports coverage.
"Our stable includes columnists such as Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher, Martin Keown, Graham Poll, Sir Clive Woodward, Nasser Hussain and Martin Samuel – and lots more.
"We hope this partnership with TalkSport can spread the word – come have a look, you might be surprised what you find."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...