Full coverage of radio listening figures released by Rajar, (Radio Joint Audience Research), the official body in charge of measuring radio audiences in the UK. Rajar is jointly owned by the BBC and trade body RadioCentre on behalf of the commercial sector, and reports on approximately 320 individual stations every quarter. More information on Rajar can be found on its website.
RAJAR Q2 2012
National radio listening figures for the third quarter of 2012 in full.
Bauer Media' Kiss network, Global Radio's Classic FM and Jazz FM were among the few national stations to increase their reach year on year in the third quarter of 2012 as the Olympic and Paralympic Games squeezed audiences.
The nation's radio consumption dipped 5% this summer, while digital listening dropped back from the highs of the second quarter.
RAJAR Q1 2012
National radio listening figures for the first quarter of 2012 in full.
What do today's Rajar results mean for radio stations and advertisers? Four radio buyers give their view on why today's figures are good for most commercial radio groups but raise some questions about digital switchover and the Capital network.
Steve Parkinson of Bauer Media, Stuart Taylor from GMG, Absolute Radio's Clive Dickens, UTV's Scott Taunton and Jazz FM founder Richard Wheatly give their views on the latest audience figures from Rajar.
DAB and internet radio each hit a new high in terms of listening hours in Q1 2012, although DAB's share of radio consumption dropped from Q4 2011, despite the usual Christmas gifting of sets.
Absolute Radio, Bauer Media's Kiss and GMG's Smooth all reported strong audience gains in the first quarter of 2012, while TalkSport's audience declined slightly despite a record lunchtime audience from Sony winners Richard Keys and Andy Gray.
Global Radio's 95.8 Capital FM has kept its top dog status in London commercial radio by reach, after Johnny Vaughan's departure from its breakfast show, but Bauer's Magic 105.4 surpassed it in terms of listening share.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Interim Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p/a + benefits, London