Rajar Q4 2009
The latest Rajar results proved a mixed bag for most radio operators in the UK. Quarterly gains were often offset by annual falls, or vice versa, while overall listening via digital platforms has dropped since the previous report.
Global Radio's Heart radio network has steadily lost listeners since it completed a nationwide rebrand which added a further nine local stations in June 2009.
Sir Terry Wogan signed off from his long-running BBC Radio 2 breakfast show on a high, with a weekly audience figure of 8.1 million during the last quarter of 2009.
Heart 106.2 has leapfrogged Magic 105.4 to become the most listened to commercial station in London for the first time in nearly three years, according to Rajar figures published today.
Rajar Q3 2009
LONDON - Digital radio audiences have grown significantly in the third quarter, according to Rajar.
LONDON - Commercial radio lost ground to the BBC in Q3, according to the latest Rajars, with its audience share falling year on year and quarter on quarter to 42.4%.
TalkSport was the only one of the three main national commercial stations to expand its weekly reach year on year in Q3, the latest Rajars show.
Global Radio's 95.8 Capital FM breakfast show, fronted by Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon, has held on to the mantle of most popular commercial radio show in London for the fifth consecutive quarter.
RAJAR Q2 2009
Absolute Radio stemmed its national audience decline in Q2, posting a fall of 0.1% from Q1 to 1.69 million listeners, although its reach is still down sharply from its Virgin Radio days.
Global Radio's 95.8 Capital FM breakfast show, fronted by Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon, attracted 89,000 more listeners in the second quarter of 2009 to secure its position as the most popular commercial radio show in London for the fourth consecu...
Commercial radio regained audience share from the BBC in Q2 2009, with its overall share rising to 42.7%, from 41.6% in Q1, according to the latest Rajar figures.
Rajar Q1 2009
RAJAR Q1 2009: Absolute claws back listeners but Classic FM remains number one national commercial station
Absolute radio pulled back listeners in Q1 and increased its weekly reach by 13.7% from the previous quarter, although it is still down 30.8% year on year, following its rebrand from Virgin Radio last year.
RAJAR Q1 2009: Johnny and Lisa consolidate Capital FM's hold on the London breakfast radio show top slot
LONDON - Global Radio's 95.8 Capital FM breakfast show with Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon has scooped the mantle of most popular breakfast radio show in London for the third quarter in a row.
Commercial radio regained audience share from the BBC in Q1 2009, with its overall share rising 0.5 per cent year on year in the period to 41.6%, following a slight dip in Q4 2008, according to the latest Rajar figures.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London