Clarks shakes up brand image with four-inch studded heels
Clarks is launching its first four-inch heels in August as the footwear retailer modernises its styles in an attempt to change perceptions of the brand.
Clarks: unveils its first four-inch heels
The heels are part of the Mary Portas diffusion range and come in claret and black patent, black snake, oxblood suede and a version with metallic studs.
A spokeswoman said it was important that Clarks didn’t move "too far or too fast", but there was a gradual progression each season towards including more modern styles, without putting off traditional customers.
In men's, Clarks will also launch basketball boots for the first time and will debut men's bags from the autumn.
Clarks is preparing to launch 'Original Pioneers', a long-term brand initiative, centred on its Originals sub-brand.
It moves on from its existing tie-ups with musicians to focus on creativites including artists, filmmakers, photographers and performers.
Each season, a new set of "pioneers" will be invited to "interpret the brand through unique projects that demonstrate their pioneering expertise". The work will then be shared on Clarksoriginals.com, Twitter and Facebook. The "pioneers" will also star in above-the-line campaigns and in-store activity.
Gemma Green, Clarks Originals marketing manager, said: "Inspired by Nathan Clark's pioneering spirit and the brand's ability to remix classic styles, [artist] Anna Lomax and [musician] Nathan 'Flutebox' Lee embody these values, and represent Clarks Originals through their exceptionally creative, distinct projects."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire