Sainsbury's signs deal with British Athletics to sponsor Anniversary Games
Sainsbury's is to sponsor the much-anticipated Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium, marking the first deal British Athletics has signed since the end of its deal with Aviva last year.
Sainsbury’s, which sponsored last year’' Paralympic Games, has been named as the title sponsor of all three domestic televised athletic events taking place this year – the Birmingham Grand Prix, The British Championships and Trials, and the three-day London Anniversary Games.
The Anniversary Games is forecast to be the most high-profile of the three events, with Usain Bolt and other top global athletes expected to compete at the Olympic Stadium this summer.
The signing of the deal marks UK Athletics' first signing of a sponsor since its split with Aviva last year after 13 years.
As part of the deal, Sainsbury's will provide long-term financial support for UK Athletics' Paralympic programmes in a deal that runs until 2017, when London hosts the IPC World Athletics Championships.
Sainsbury's claims that its legacy programme has already provided £2m in funding for schools, clubs and organisations.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London