Sainsbury's signs deal with British Athletics to sponsor Anniversary Games
Sainsbury's is to sponsor the much-anticipated Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium, marking the first deal British Athletics has signed since the end of its deal with Aviva last year.
Sainsbury’s, which sponsored last year’' Paralympic Games, has been named as the title sponsor of all three domestic televised athletic events taking place this year – the Birmingham Grand Prix, The British Championships and Trials, and the three-day London Anniversary Games.
The Anniversary Games is forecast to be the most high-profile of the three events, with Usain Bolt and other top global athletes expected to compete at the Olympic Stadium this summer.
The signing of the deal marks UK Athletics' first signing of a sponsor since its split with Aviva last year after 13 years.
As part of the deal, Sainsbury's will provide long-term financial support for UK Athletics' Paralympic programmes in a deal that runs until 2017, when London hosts the IPC World Athletics Championships.
Sainsbury's claims that its legacy programme has already provided £2m in funding for schools, clubs and organisations.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)