Ikea focuses on outdoor range with battle against gnome army
Ikea is pushing its outdoor range with a TV spot featuring a couple battling against a gnome army in the latest stage of its attempt to drive behavioural change.
The TV campaign, by Mother, will be supported by outdoor, press and online activity, shows the family overhauling their garden with Ikea products.
The latest ad is set to a cover by the The Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra and The Heritage Singers of Motley Crue’s Time for Change track.
Ikea is in the process of attempting to change consumer attitudes in the UK to home improvement with the retailer keen to make UK households revamp their home more often.
Peter Wright, marketing manager at Ikea, believes many people are happy to spend a lot of money on consumer electronics while their homes "fall apart".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London