Ikea focuses on outdoor range with battle against gnome army
Ikea is pushing its outdoor range with a TV spot featuring a couple battling against a gnome army in the latest stage of its attempt to drive behavioural change.
The TV campaign, by Mother, will be supported by outdoor, press and online activity, shows the family overhauling their garden with Ikea products.
The latest ad is set to a cover by the The Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra and The Heritage Singers of Motley Crue’s Time for Change track.
Ikea is in the process of attempting to change consumer attitudes in the UK to home improvement with the retailer keen to make UK households revamp their home more often.
Peter Wright, marketing manager at Ikea, believes many people are happy to spend a lot of money on consumer electronics while their homes "fall apart".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London