eBay reveals UK's top 20 mobile shopping locations
Birmingham is the UK's number one location for mobile shopping, according to new research from eBay.
The online auction site has has calculated the top twenty locations in the UK where shoppers purchase goods from mobile devices. South London, Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast join Birmingham in the top five.
Olivier Ropars, eBay senior director for EU mobile, said that the new research shows that mobile technology presents a great opportunity for retailers as more and more shoppers take to purchasing goods through their phones and tablets.
"Shoppers want convenience, speed and choice," he said. "They want to shop anytime, anywhere, on any device and retailers have to respond to how they are shopping."
The data shows that clothes, shoes and accessories are the most popular items being bought on mobile devices, along with technology and motors. Mobile shopping seems to be increasing year-on-year for eBay, with the company transacting $13 billion in mobile sales last year, more than double that of in 2011. This year they expect to make $20 billion in sales on smartphones and tablets.
The full list of locations:
2. South London
6. North London
9. East London
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London