Co-op claims retail 'first' with Snapchat campaign
The Co-operative claims it is the first major UK retailer to use Snapchat for marketing purposes, with a promotional campaign targeting students.
The Co-op: uses Snapchat for promotional campaign
Promotional activity will involve students being sent a code via Snapchat offering £30 off laptops before the code "self-destructs" after between five to ten seconds.
Students will be encouraged to add The Co-operative Electrical as a friend on Snapchat in order to take part in the campaign, which was created by Holler and runs until 11 October as the retailer targets students as they prepare for the start of term.
The Co-op has set up a microsite to promote the campaign, which will direct people to the Snapchat app.
Gail Lyon, social media lead for the Co-operative Group, said: "It’s the first social campaign that The Co-operative Electrical has done, and the business is the first big retailer to market using Snapchat.
"Following this Snaptop campaign, we will be following up with two further social media campaigns, both with the intention of increasing awareness and consideration."
Snapchat activity included behind-the-scenes pictures of Sky Sports News presenter Charlie Webster on a photo shoot, which were sent to Lynx fans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London