Wilkinson appoints TBWA and MGOMD after contested pitch
Wilkinson, the household goods chain, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to create its 2014 ad campaign and Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its media planning and buying.
Wilkinson: appoints TBWA and OMD to handle its media business
TBWA\Manchester and MGOMD were appointed after a contested pitch run by AAR. The pitch was held ahead of Wilkinson launching its 2014 advertising campaign. The retailer would not comment on how much it spends on media.
A spokesman for Wilkinson said: "We run advertising campaigns every year and they are an integral part of our ongoing marketing effort.
"After considering a number of agencies this year, we were excited by the creative ideas of TBWA and their clear empathy with our business. We look forward very much to working with them in the year ahead."
Wilkinson used True Story (which rebranded from Jupiter Designs last year) for its 2013 advertising campaign, and the agency will continue to handle the shop’s additional marketing. Carat Manchester was the incumbent media agency.
Wilkinson has 370 shops across the UK, with 23,000 employees, and sales of £1.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London