MediaCom snatches £80m eBay EMEA media
WPP's MediaCom has been appointed as eBay's lead media planning and buying agency across its £82 million EMEA account, unseating the incumbents including Carat, Fetch and Essence.
EBay: hands entire EMEA media planning and buying account to MediaCom
EBay has awarded MediaCom its pan-regional business, which was previously divided between agencies such as Carat, Fetch and Essence. The other three agencies will continue to work with the online retailer on some briefs.
Carat began working with eBay in November 2008, when it was appointed to work on a pre-Christmas project. The Dentsu Aegis Network agency became eBay’s European lead media agency in 2011.
Rafael Orta, the vice-president and interim chief marketing officer at eBay Marketplaces EU, said: "As we strive to be Europe’s leading shopping destination, our marketing programme needs to be more ambitious than ever and we are delighted to have selected a media planning and buying agency that shares our passion for our brand."
MediaCom will now manage all media planning and buying across on and offline channels, acting as the lead agency as part of a wider WPP team and working closely with its WPP sister agency neo@ogilvy.
Nick Lawson, the EMEA chief executive of MediaCom, said: "EBay was one of the pioneers of the digital revolution that has transformed the way we do business, buy goods and services and live our lives.
"Ensuring that it remains a leader in a world that continues to change dramatically every day will be our number one goal".
EBay was founded in 1995 and claims to have 128 million active users globally.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)