Morrisons changes its name to back Andy Murray
Morrisons is once again showing its support for the British tennis ace Andy Murray, by changing the name of its Wimbledon branch to Murrisons.
Morrisons: supermarket chain's Wimbledon branch is renamed Murrisons
The supermarket has also renamed its strawberries to "Straw Murrays" for the duration of the eagerly awaited two-week tournament, in which Murray will defend his championship title.
It is the second year running that the supermarket giant has backed the tennis star by changing the name of its Wimbledon store, which also features a tennis ball in place of its "o".
Following Murray’s win last year, Morrisons went one step further, renaming the branch Murraywins.
Murray began defending his title yesterday on Centre Court, beating the Belgian David Goffin.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)