Sales promotion news & analysis
News UK is preparing to make newspaper history tomorrow when it delivers The Sun to every household in England, a move the tabloid's editor David Dinsmore calls the "greatest print initiative of recent times".
Following Rapp's acquisition of Haygarth, Cameron Day, the director of business development at The Marketing Store, explains why shopper marketing is not as boring as you might think.
Geometry Global UK, WPP's global shopper activation agency, has appointed Adrian Nicholls, a business lead at CMW, as its head of digital.
TMW has appointed Sean Bond to the new role of director of shopper marketing to lead and grow the company's dedicated shopper division, TMW Shopper.
Camelot has hired The Big Kick to work on integrated campaigns for its Instant online games and scratchcards, while the agency has also extended its relationship with Tesco Mobile.
Nestle has appointed Iris to handle its retail and shopper marketing account for its Kit Kat, ending the chocolate brand's relationship with The Big Kick.
Cheil UK has appointed Duncan Cargill, the former Fallon creative, as creative director and Emma Perkins, from Saatchi X, as its first shopper marketing creative director.
PepsiCo has been berated by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) over an on-pack promotion offering consumers the chance to win a £500 cash prize "every hour", because a family that entered the competition 11,000 times argued it had been treated...
The "death of the traditional ad salesperson has been vastly exaggerated", according to Chris Maples., Spotify's European vice president.
i, the cut-price 20p digest newspaper, is looking to extend its footprint in education by distributing the title in primary schools.
WPP has posted first half pre-tax profits of £357.7m and has confirmed it will move its headquarters back to the UK for tax purposes subject to shareholder approval.
Creative and planning directors from Marketing Agencies Association (MAA) member agencies are to get involved in a Government-backed loans and mentoring initiative to help people under-25 start businesses.
Publicis Groupe has reported a 19.6% rise in first-half pre-tax profits to €384m (£300m), despite the loss of the General Motors (GM) media contract and a slowdown in organic growth.
Omnicom, the world's second-largest advertising group, has reported a 2.2% rise in second-quarter net income to $282.7m (£180.6m), although its revenue growth was the slowest since Q4 2009.
Hairdresser Toni & Guy has become the second brand after Nike to be told by the advertising watchdog to remove celebrity tweets judged to be an unidentified marketing communication.
In celebration of The Rolling Stones celebrating 50 years of playing rock and roll around the world a new compilation book featuring pages of unseen material is up for grabs for Brand Republic readers.
WPP has reported revenues climbed 7% in the first four months of 2012, with growth continuing into May, while booking a $50m-plus gain on an investment in Facebook marketing business Buddy Media.
OgilvyAction, the brand activation arm of the Ogilvy Group, has expanded its creative department by hiring two teams.
Price promotions have become the norm for some brands but it's time for them to embrace change, writes Kerry Bateman, partner and head of shopper marketing, WARL.
G2 Joshua has hired Owen Catto as creative director and Matthew Stockton as global brand director.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)