Mini charges Dutch agency with developing its British social media voice
Mini, the British car marque, has appointed the Dutch agency Kingsday to its global social marketing account.
Mini: 'new original' campaign by Iris Worldwide
Kingsday was launched by four former members of the Euro RSCG (now Havas Worldwide) European management team in 2011.
It won the competitive pitch after displaying its understanding of the brand and consumers.
The Dutch agency intends to spark social media conversations with the public by appealing to Mini's British heritage, from later this month.
The brand’s number one market is the UK but other key regions include the US and Western Europe.
AKQA will continue to manage Mini’s website.
Sander Volten, the managing director and partner of Kingsday said: "If there’s one car brand where social plays a pivotal role, it’s Mini. Mini has a strong personality and a very vocal fan base.
"We’re extremely excited to help them bring social to the next level. Thinking about it, Mini might actually be the only car brand with a personality."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London