Mini charges Dutch agency with developing its British social media voice
Mini, the British car marque, has appointed the Dutch agency Kingsday to its global social marketing account.
Mini: 'new original' campaign by Iris Worldwide
Kingsday was launched by four former members of the Euro RSCG (now Havas Worldwide) European management team in 2011.
It won the competitive pitch after displaying its understanding of the brand and consumers.
The Dutch agency intends to spark social media conversations with the public by appealing to Mini's British heritage, from later this month.
The brand’s number one market is the UK but other key regions include the US and Western Europe.
AKQA will continue to manage Mini’s website.
Sander Volten, the managing director and partner of Kingsday said: "If there’s one car brand where social plays a pivotal role, it’s Mini. Mini has a strong personality and a very vocal fan base.
"We’re extremely excited to help them bring social to the next level. Thinking about it, Mini might actually be the only car brand with a personality."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing EMR £60000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Group Head Marketing EMR £69000 - £70000 per annum, Jersey