Renault launches social Knight Rider campaign
Renault is launching its Trafic utility vehicle with a Knight Rider-themed brand campaign.
Renault Trafic: untility vehicle launches with Knight Rider-themed campaign
The social media agency We Are Social created the content-led push and will implement it across 15 markets, including the UK, France and Germany.
The campaign is built around a short film inspired by the 1980s classic TV show Knight Rider. Renault will share additional behind-the-scenes content on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
Launching today, the film focuses on Trafic’s target market of tradesmen, making an "everyday hero" out of a fictional character called Michael Craftsman, in a nod to the original TV character Michael Knight played by David Hasselhoff.
Caroline Méchaï, the director of global advertising and media at Renault, said: "This is an unprecedented initiative for a Renault LCV. The intention is to give Trafic a more dynamic image and reach out to a broader audience than just business users."
We Are Social created a microsite which hosts the launch content, including video teasers, online banners, backstage pictures and GIFs.
Sandrine Plasseraud, the managing director at We Are Social France, which has expanded its work with Renault France to include the car marque globally, said: "This campaign has allowed us to demonstrate our creativity and innovation in social thinking and high-end content production."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London