Renault launches social Knight Rider campaign
Renault is launching its Trafic utility vehicle with a Knight Rider-themed brand campaign.
Renault Trafic: untility vehicle launches with Knight Rider-themed campaign
The social media agency We Are Social created the content-led push and will implement it across 15 markets, including the UK, France and Germany.
The campaign is built around a short film inspired by the 1980s classic TV show Knight Rider. Renault will share additional behind-the-scenes content on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
Launching today, the film focuses on Trafic’s target market of tradesmen, making an "everyday hero" out of a fictional character called Michael Craftsman, in a nod to the original TV character Michael Knight played by David Hasselhoff.
Caroline Méchaï, the director of global advertising and media at Renault, said: "This is an unprecedented initiative for a Renault LCV. The intention is to give Trafic a more dynamic image and reach out to a broader audience than just business users."
We Are Social created a microsite which hosts the launch content, including video teasers, online banners, backstage pictures and GIFs.
Sandrine Plasseraud, the managing director at We Are Social France, which has expanded its work with Renault France to include the car marque globally, said: "This campaign has allowed us to demonstrate our creativity and innovation in social thinking and high-end content production."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)