Renault launches social Knight Rider campaign
Renault is launching its Trafic utility vehicle with a Knight Rider-themed brand campaign.
Renault Trafic: untility vehicle launches with Knight Rider-themed campaign
The social media agency We Are Social created the content-led push and will implement it across 15 markets, including the UK, France and Germany.
The campaign is built around a short film inspired by the 1980s classic TV show Knight Rider. Renault will share additional behind-the-scenes content on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
Launching today, the film focuses on Trafic’s target market of tradesmen, making an "everyday hero" out of a fictional character called Michael Craftsman, in a nod to the original TV character Michael Knight played by David Hasselhoff.
Caroline Méchaï, the director of global advertising and media at Renault, said: "This is an unprecedented initiative for a Renault LCV. The intention is to give Trafic a more dynamic image and reach out to a broader audience than just business users."
We Are Social created a microsite which hosts the launch content, including video teasers, online banners, backstage pictures and GIFs.
Sandrine Plasseraud, the managing director at We Are Social France, which has expanded its work with Renault France to include the car marque globally, said: "This campaign has allowed us to demonstrate our creativity and innovation in social thinking and high-end content production."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury