Why we're loving: David Titterton, bodybuilder
David Titterton (@davetitterton) entertained viewers with his ripped physique and "orange intensity" in the Tango "footie" ad by Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
Tell us something about your involvement in the making of this ad. I found out about the ad while I was in Germany at a fitness expo called FIBO. I knew Tango had a great reputation for doing fun campaigns and wanted to be part of it. Luckily, I got the job! It was such a good laugh from start to finish.
How did you get into bodybuilding? Originally, I was into boxing. I found bodybuilding totally by accident. I fell in love with the training and, a few months later, I entered my first show. I won that show and, since then, haven’t looked back.
How often and for how long do you work out? I train with weights five to six times a week and do cardio every day. Each weight session takes up to between one and two hours.
How long does it take to get tanned up? Haha! Tanning is the bane of my life. It starts four weeks before each competition with sunbed sessions, then, four days before the competition, we remove all body hair and start applying coats of tan – usually about two per day until show time.
What else do you do for a living? I’m lucky enough to make my living from competing. I’m sponsored by an amazing company called Ultimate Sports Nutrition. I also own a gym and do a little personal training.
What awards have you won? I’ve been a very fortunate lad. I’ve won too many titles to list, but here’s a few of the highlights: UK champion, British champion, two-time Mr Universe and top five at the Arnold Classic, which is the second-biggest show on earth.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)