Red Bull to mark Stratos anniversary with two-hour Felix Baumgartner documentary
Red Bull Media has tied up with music-streaming service Rdio to promote a two-hour documentary charting Felix Baumgartner's 128,000-feet skydive last year.
Felix Baumgartner: documentary to chart his skydive from the stratosphere
‘Mission to the Edge of Space: The Full Story Behind Red Bull Stratos’ will premiere on a Rdio-hosted microsite on 14 October, the day a year ago that Baumgartner became the first man in history to freefall from the stratosphere.
The agreement also includes Rdio releasing a track used in the documentary – ‘Oh Boy’ by Portugal. The Man – and will give users access to tailored content, including playlists created by Baumgartner and other Red Bull Stratos team members.
The documentary, which features unseen footage and will reveal previously undisclosed behind-the-scenes elements to the drama, will be free to stream for users across the world. A trailer for the film and a stream of the song ‘Oh Boy’ are available on rdio.com/redbullstratos.
Rdio was created by Skype founder Janus Friis. Last October, Marketing reported that Friis was believed to have pulled a UK launch campaign set to position video-streaming service Vdio as a rival to Lovefilm and Netflix.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London