Agencies line up for Tango creative brief
Britvic has put the advertising brief for Tango up for pitch.
The account is handled by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which has worked on the brand since 2008.
The agency will not repitch and claims it intends to focus on Tango’s sister brands Robinsons, Fruit Shoot and J2O.
Tango has produced some of the most famous ads in recent history. Howell Henry Chaldecott Lury launched the brand in 1992 with the orange man, an exploding granny and a mad Napoleon with an orange glove.
Its most famous campaign was "St George" for Blackcurrant Tango in 1997, which was created by Jim Bolton and Chas Bayfield. The spot cleaned up in 1997’s advertising awards shows.
HHCL lost the business in 2002, when it moved to CHI & Partners.
Britvic declined to comment on the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England