Commonwealth Games ad round up
As the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games kick off Campaign looks at some of the advertising that has aired in its run-up.
Although the hype has not matched the scale of the 2012 London Olympics, the drink Irn-Bru, which is popular in Scotland, created a themed-ad. Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R created a trailer for the BBC, the Games’ broadcaster.
Virgin Media, which is a sponsor of the Games, is running its own VM Games. Virgin Media is giving away Commonwealth Games tickets to people who compete in its special categories, including "superfast selfie".
Another sponsor is the oil giant BP, which created the below film for the opening day. The ad shows athletes training and ends with the line: "Strive for better". BP supports five athletes who are competing at the games.
The Queen, as the head of the Commonwealth, attended the opening ceremony last night (23 July) at Celtic Park, along with the Duke of Edinburgh.
Rod Stewart and Susan Boyle sung at the opening of the 20th Commonwealth Games. The showcase that was attended by around 40,000 people and watched – according to some reports – by a global audience of 1 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...