Back in the summer (can you remember the summer?), I made time to read Evgeny Morozov s To Save Everything, Click Here and realised our sins will save us. Morozov is peeved about a lot of stuff, specifically innovation for the sake of it and, broad...
Driving word of mouth is a great ambition, but it can go too far.
A knock at the door of a hotel in Amsterdam. Mick Jagger opens the door and – bam! – Charlie Watts punches him in the face.
How many strategists does it take to create a campaign? Just the one. No joke.
"We often hate each other, but it's the kind of hatred like flint and steel the sparks that come out of it make it worth the while" Penn on his magic partner, Teller. One of the hardest-fought categories in the Media Week Awards judging was Lar...
Ian Katz, the editor of Newsnight , wrote recently about an impasse in journalism, suggesting a deal to allow politicians to get their point across in traditional media and be less defensive. As the general election approaches, I think politicia...
In 1946, Bedouin shepherds stumbled on a huge archaeological discovery. The findings provide a useful reminder as we enter the serious end of the media awards-judging season.
Nostalgia ain t what it used to be. Can we all stop with the tales about what media used to be about, please? Some say: the art of the media agency used to be to find the perfect spot for a TV ad. I say: this is targeting the right audience at the ...
The comedian Andy Hamilton summed up how most of us feel about the injection of women into the new Cabinet when he said: "It's nice that Cameron has discovered women so near election time."
News broke last week that Air New Zealand is withdrawing its safety video after thousands signed an online petition claiming it was "culturally insensitive".
If you haven't spent half an hour in the company of the brilliant and charming controller of commercial digital products at ITV, Jon Block, then I suggest you do so at once.
At MediaCom's conference this week, we heard case studies of two connected partnerships that truly use TV to its full advantage.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)