The other day I was chatting to the head of a media company about how one of his new recruits had settled in. He said that his new employee, a senior executive, had settled in well, and was already making a great contribution. He'd reported that he'd...
When Campaign asked last month "Is the future of media female?", it drew some interesting responses. It really is about time we made progress on this issue.
I was struck by a comment on Radio 4's Hidden Histories Of The Information Age: "The weakness of modern strategy is that it is too reliant on technology - the triumph of accuracy of outputs with no impact on outcomes."
YouTube has been everywhere recently. Buses, posters, magazine features and the BBC. An episode of The Apprentice featured the candidates making a YouTube video and collaborating with stars on the platform to promote it, thus proving once again that ...
Big news from the Ig Nobel Prizes this year as one winner explains why banana skins are slippery.
Walking down one of Hampstead's bijou roads recently, I noticed a woman leaning out of an upstairs window explaining to a man at the door that her "smart" lock had locked her inside and asking him to try different ways to open the door.
Back in the summer (can you remember the summer?), I made time to read Evgeny Morozov s To Save Everything, Click Here and realised our sins will save us. Morozov is peeved about a lot of stuff, specifically innovation for the sake of it and, broad...
Driving word of mouth is a great ambition, but it can go too far.
A knock at the door of a hotel in Amsterdam. Mick Jagger opens the door and – bam! – Charlie Watts punches him in the face.
How many strategists does it take to create a campaign? Just the one. No joke.
"We often hate each other, but it's the kind of hatred like flint and steel the sparks that come out of it make it worth the while" Penn on his magic partner, Teller. One of the hardest-fought categories in the Media Week Awards judging was Lar...
Ian Katz, the editor of Newsnight , wrote recently about an impasse in journalism, suggesting a deal to allow politicians to get their point across in traditional media and be less defensive. As the general election approaches, I think politicia...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)