The comedian Andy Hamilton summed up how most of us feel about the injection of women into the new Cabinet when he said: "It's nice that Cameron has discovered women so near election time."
News broke last week that Air New Zealand is withdrawing its safety video after thousands signed an online petition claiming it was "culturally insensitive".
If you haven't spent half an hour in the company of the brilliant and charming controller of commercial digital products at ITV, Jon Block, then I suggest you do so at once.
At MediaCom's conference this week, we heard case studies of two connected partnerships that truly use TV to its full advantage.
This week saw the anniversary of the D-Day landings - the invasion of Normandy that changed the course of the Second World War.
Too much loyalty can be a double-edged sword. Whether you're a pop icon, a business leader, a sports team or a brand.
Last week, Campaign's Louise Ridley asked me to comment on a piece of research that said that advertising lacked alpha females. The sample size was only 35, but the IPA's statistics confirm that female advertising leadership stands at 26 per cent.
Many briefs have an ambition to effect behaviour change, whether explicitly or implicitly. A brief that seeks to drive loyalty, frequency or penetration wants to alter some kind of behaviour habit.
You have to learn how to fall. This is one of the themes of the international bestselling novel The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair . The twists and turns of the plot include the protagonist getting this advice from his eponymous mentor. No...
"You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin'... you talkin' to me?"
In reviewing Eels' latest release in The Sunday Times, Mark Edwards writes of its creative lead, E: "In Everett, Eels fans have found someone who makes all the mistakes they do, but is willing to admit it...
"Secrets for success in the economy of wishes" - this was the subject of my final panel last week at Advertising Week Europe.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)